Silestone is the only brand that offers a certified warranty, in writing. Only a global leader, one which is the largest producer of quartz surfaces and the only one with bacteriostatic protection, could once again draw ahead of the pack and offer a genuine 15-year warranty for Silestone.
Residential Limited Warranty for North America
Cosentino, S.A. warrants to the residential owner-occupants of installed Silestone quartz surfaces (“Silestone Surfaces”) that for a period of fifteen (15) years from the date of installation of the Silestone Surfaces in your single family residential home, that the Silestone material will be free from manufacturing defects. If a manufacturing defect occurs during the warranty period, Cosentino, S.A. will at its option, repair or replace the defective Silestone Surfaces.
What the limited 15-year warranty covers:
• The limited transferrable warranty covers Silestone Surfaces that have been purchased from an Authorized Silestone Installer or Dealer (“Authorized Installer”) and have been permanently installed in your single family residence by an Authorized Installer.
• The limited transferrable warranty covers products that have been maintained according to the Silestone Surfaces Care and Maintenance and Integrity Sink Care and Maintenance set forth on www.silestoneusa.com.
What the limited 15-year warranty does not cover:
• The warranty does not cover improper fabrication or improper installation.
• Silestone Surfaces are stone products which will not crack unless an external force or interaction causes the crack such as impacts, uneven cabinets or flooring, structural settling or movements, thermal shock from the use of crock pots, skillets or other hot items placed directly on the Silestone Surfaces, improper installation or other conditions in the home that may cause the Silestone Surfaces to shift. Therefore, cracks are not covered by the warranty. Caution: Do not use crock pots, skillets or other hot items directly on your Silestone Surfaces. Always place them on a trivet or cutting board to protect your Silestone from thermal shock.
• The warranty does not cover any additional or supplemental repairs or modifications such as, any plumbing, electrical, tile or wall surface modifications that may be necessary to repair or replace the Silestone Surfaces covered under the limited warranty; such other repairs and modifications shall be the responsibility of the customer.
• The warranty does not cover products that have not been paid for in full.
• The warranty does not cover products exposed to abnormal use or conditions or abuse in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling or misuse, damage from excessive heat, scorching or exposure to weather conditions, exposure to ultraviolet light, physical or chemical abuse, acid etching, staining or damage from improper care and maintenance or damage from chipping, cracking, impact damage or breaking due to customer abuse.
• Silestone Surfaces are intended to have a natural and non-uniform appearance, thus the limited warranty does not cover any variances in color, shade, particle structure or gloss level.
• The warranty does not cover products that you, the customer, decide you do not like after installation due to color, edging styles or other opinions based on personal preference.
• The warranty does not cover seam appearance or performance.
• The warranty does not cover temporary marks on the Silestone products including but not limited to metal marks, fingerprints or smudges or other temporary marks made by household utensils.
• The warranty does not cover “commercial uses” of the Silestone products. “Commercial uses” include but are not limited to use in commercial buildings such as retail stores, restaurants, offices, hotels, or apartment complexes.
• The warranty does not cover outdoor uses.
• Cosentino, S.A. is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural settling or movement, acts of vandalism, or accidents.
• The warranty shall apply to Silestone Integrity Sinks that have been installed with your Silestone Surfaces (“Integrity Sinks”), except however, the warranty for Integrity Sinks does not cover normal wear and tear that occurs over time including but not limited to minor dents and scratches from pots and pans, cuts and nicks, scuff marks, chipping, pouring boiling water without cold water, use of dry ice or any other uses that do not comply with the Care and Maintenance for Integrity Sinks.
REGISTRATION, ACTIVATION, TRANSFERRING AND OBTAINING SERVICE:
To activate your registered warranty, or to obtain a Transfer of Ownership form, visit www.cosentinowarranty.com or call or write to Cosentino, S.A.’s North American distributor at the phone number or address below. You must activate your warranty within sixty (60) days of installation to be eligible under the warranty. To transfer the warranty, you must complete, sign and send the Transfer of Ownership form within sixty (60) days of the transfer of your home. To obtain the best service under the warranty, contact the source from whom the Silestone Surfaces was originally purchased. In order to obtain service under the warranty, you must permit Cosentino North America’s authorized agents to inspect your Silestone Surfaces at your residence. You must reasonably cooperate with the Authorized Installer and Cosentino North America’s agents in the efforts to service the warranty. For additional information contact:
Silestone Quartz Surfaces
13124 Trinity Drive
Stafford, Texas 77477
Attn: Warranty Administrator
In no event shall Cosentino North America or Cosentino, S.A. be liable in either tort or contract for any loss of direct, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or any similar damages, including but not limited to loss profits damages, arising out of the use or inability to use the product for residential applications covered by the limited warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply. Neither Cosentino North America nor Cosentino, S.A. make any other warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, with respect to Silestone Surfaces for residential use, except as expressly stated. The warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state or, in Canada, from province to province. No one other than Cosentino, S.A. is authorized to make any warranty or promise with respect to Silestone Surfaces.