This quartz surface is hard as a rock (only topaz, sapphires and diamonds are harder), and Silestone offers crystalline depth of color. Unlike other stone surfaces, Silestone is dense and absolutely nonporous, so it never needs sealing or polishing. It resists scratches, scorching, bacteria and stains from coffee, wine, lemon juice and olive oil. They clean up without a trace! Silestone comes in a wide spectrum of colors and finish combinations. There is a Silestone surface to suit every taste.
How To Do a Silestone Cost Estimate For Silestone Countertops
Required Tools: Tape Measure / Calculator or Spreadsheet
1) Measure the length of the counter in inches. Be sure to measure to the wall and not to the backsplash for an accurate measurement. For example, we will use a length of 130 inches.
2) Measure the width of counters in inches. Be sure to include in your measurement the overhang that extends beyond the base cabinet. For example, we will use a width of 25 ½ inches.
3) Multiply the width times the length to get the number of square inches. For example, 130 x 25.5 = 3,315 square inches.
4) Divide the total number of square inches by 144 to get the number of square feet. For example, 3,315 / 144 = 23.02 square feet.
5) Multiply the number of square feet times the cost per square of the Silestone countertops you selected. Silestone countertops can range anywhere from $50 to $100 per square foot installed. For this example, we will use a cost of $75 per square foot. Therefore, $75 x 23.02 = $1,726.50.
6) $1,726.50 is the cost estimate for the Silestone countertops in this example. However, the price can vary for multiple reasons. Specifically it can change if you include installation, plumbing, built-in features, backslash or a fancy edge.
- If chipped or cracked, Silestone can be repaired or rubbed out due to it’s consistent material of manufactured quartz.
- Silestone comes in more colors and options beyond the options available from natural granite
- Granite tends to be a little less per square foot
What Should Silestone Cost?
- Silestone cost estimates for countertops may require an on-site inspection. Usually these estimates will be free. You should expect any Silestone cost estimate to be presented with an in-depth presentation
- Low to High labor cost range differences are in part due to variations in work load, job location and seasonal wage rates
- The variation in installation costs for complex configurations (non-rectangular shape, many corners, multiple levels, etc.) can be considerable. For accurate cost estimates, collect detailed bids from several qualified professionals
- The Silestone Countertop cost estimates do not include costs for backsplash
- The cost estimates include all typical costs for leveling, sink cutout, deck mounted fixture cutouts, seam joining and edge fabrication
- Higher costd Silestone Countertops may include features such as thicker slab and more intricate edge fabrication
- To maximize the payback of your Silestone Countertop investment, use materials and installation quality appropriate for your home and neighborhood – but be careful not to overimprove. Less expensive alternatives to Silestone Countertops may provide a better return on investment
- Silestone Countertop installation costs vary considerably by location. For an accurate estimate in your area, enter your zip code in the calculator above
- Reduce total project cost by having multiple vendors bid on the same, detailed work specification of your Silestone Countertop project
- Save on installation costs by combining similar jobs and by being willing to have your project completed during low demand periods for the vendor/installer
- Save on material costs by shopping online or by choosing discontinued, odd lot, remnant or incorrectly ordered items from your retailer
- Material costs include 4.5% – 8.7% overage commonly needed for on site fabrication and future repairs
Get a Quote for Silestone Prices
Make Silestone suppliers and installers compete for your business. Click Here To Get A Quote